.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Meet Me in the Middle (East)

Monday, November 14, 2005

At last here are a few pictures from my first trip to Wadi Rum.

This is our base camp, the mountains you see in the background are the ones we hiked to and partially up during the night (and slept in the valley there).


This is Justin talking with one of our drivers when we first arrived. I love this picture but why doesn't he have any footprints?? I do not know the answer...



And this is the view from the top of another mountain we hiked when we first arrived. The plateau on the top provided an amazing 360 degree view of the area, which was stunning and watching the transformation as the sun moved was quite the visual experience.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Prairie...I know your mom. She sent the picture of you on a camel to NCPR where they posted it as "Picture of the Day" along with your blog link which I followed over to your blog. I've spent a good part of today reading all your entries and have enjoyed getting to "meet you" and also see the sights and imagine your experiences. I can guess where the footprints are for the one guy: he came up the rise just behind him (am I right? do I win the prize?) Thanks for being my eyes in places I will never get to go. You have served up some great insights into that part of the world you are living in. RUTH
    p.s. I had to visit that chocolate link you had on your blog site...and eventually I worked may way to the Russell Stover Candy site...and I just ordered a whole pound of my very favorite piece: dark chocolate over molasses chew. I'm doomed to gaining a pound and may end up adicted! (Just see what an influence you can have on people?! Keep writing! I'll visit your blog site again before you get back.) home.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home