.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Meet Me in the Middle (East)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Green Card!

I would just like to mention that now, after being an illegal immigrant in Jordan for the last few weeks because my tourist visa expired on Nov. 19, and after weeks of getting letters, signatures, photocopies, stamps, pictures, an HIV test and standing in lines at two ministries, three police stations and passing a background investigation by the Mukhabarat, I am now an official resident of Jordan! Complete with shiny new residency ID card!

I can now go to Petra for 1JD instead of 35JD.

I can stop being scared of being kicked out of the country and will no longer be wasting my miniscule stipend on the daily fines for having no visa.

I now get discounts at untold numbers of local tourist destinations.

I no longer have to bring my passport to get through checkpoints.

AND I can apply for my visa to Syria! YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home