.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Meet Me in the Middle (East)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Arabs and Scots

Since my pictures seem to be uploading I'm going to post a few more while I can...on New Year's Eve in Cairo I was with several friends from Amman, including five Americans, two Scots, two Danish and two Australians. Since it was a special occassion, the boys were in full kilts for the evening, an entertaining sight to most but I do believe many people in the Middle East have probably never actually seen a man in a kilt before. At least based on the reaction they got that night. People were fascinated. They would stare and talk and one man even came over while I was sitting with Paddi and tried to lift up his kilt. I'm not sure who was more amused/shocked. It was hilarious.



Meanwhile, a few more photos from the Citadel in Cairo...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home