.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Meet Me in the Middle (East)

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Streets of Beirut



The building to the right is the former Holiday Inn. During the war there were fights even within the building itself. Now there is an ongoing debate over who owns the rights to the property and as a result the building has remained untouched. My new apartment is actually right next to it. From my balcony I can look through the building to the sea.

I went down to the water on Saturday and will put up pictures soon, it is gorgeous!



Here are some of the buildings on my way to work.



Also common on many of the buildings, walls and balconies...pictures of some of those assassinated. I have much better pics coming soon, but just to get you started...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home